Sunday, August 08, 2004

Free your mind...

Found this cool self-strengthening thoughts.

THERE ARE JUST 11 FUNDAS IN LIFE BY WHICH YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF ITS NOT GOING TO BE THE USUAL STUFF LIKE I AM SENT ON EARTH FOR A REASON AND OTHER CRAPPY IS GOING TO BE SOMETHING BY WHICH YOU CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF BY BECOMING SELF DEPENDENT AND RELIANT HERE IT GOES -------

(1) EVERYBODY DOESN'T HAVE TO LOVE. Not everyone has to love me or even like me.I don't necessarily like everybody I know, so why should I expect everyone else to like me?I enjoy being liked or loved but if someone doesn't like me I will still be okay because he/she will be the loser by not being in my company.I cant make somebody like me, anymore than someone can get me to like them.I don't need approval all the time.If someone does not approve of me I will still be okay because I can handle criticism.

(2) ITS OKAY TO MAKE MISTAKES. Making mistakes is something we all do,and I am still a fine and worthwhile person when I make them.There is no reason for me to get upset when I make a mistake.I am trying and if I make mistakes I will continue trying.The important thing is to learn from them.Even if I don't learn from them and make that mistake again atleast I will be better off than some cowards who are to afraid to face their mistakes and run away. Other people are okay too if they make mistakes I can accept mistakes that others make as well as mine.

(3)OTHER PEOPLE ARE OKAY AND I AM OKAY. People who do the things which I don't like are not necessarily bad people.They shouldn't be necessarily punished just because I don't like what they do or did .There is no reason why somebody should be the way I want them to be they have their own identity and there is no reason why I should be the way some body else wants me to be even I have my own identity.People will be what they want to be and I will be what I want to be.I cant control other people or change them neither can they.We are who we are and we all deserve basic respect.

(4)I DON'T HAVE TO CONTROL THINGS. I will survive if things are different than what I want them to be.I can accept things the way they are and accept ,myself the way I am and accept other people the way they are.There is no reason for me to get upset if I cant change things to fit my idea.There is no reason why I should like everything.Even if I don't like it I can live with it.

(5)I AM RESPONSIBLE FOR MY DAY. I am responsible for what I do and how I feel.Nobody can make me feel anything.If I have a rotten day I am the one who allowed it to be that way.If I had a great day I am the one who deserves credit for thinking positive.Its not the responsibility of other people to change so that I can feel better.I am the one who is incharge of my life.

(6) I CAN HANDLE IT WHEN THINGS GO WRONG. I don't need to watch out for things to go wrong.Things usually just go fine and when they don't I can handle it.I don't have to waste my energy worrying.The sky wont fall in;things will be okay.

(7)ITS IMPORTANT TO TRY. I can.Even though I am faced with very difficult tasks it is better to face them than to avoid them.Avoiding a task does not give me any opportunities for success or joy,but trying does.Things worth having are worth the effort.I might not be able to do everthing but atleast I will do something.

(8)I AM CAPABLE. I don't need someone else to take care of my problems.I am capable.I can take care of myself and make decisions on my own.I can think for myself.


(9)I CAN CHANGE. I don't have to be a certain way because of what has happened in the past.Everyday is a new day.Its silly to think I cant help being the way I am.Ofcourse I can,yes I can change but not for somebody else because I want to change and I think I will be a better person than what I am.

(10)OTHER PEOPLE ARE CAPABLE TOO. I cant solve other people's problems for them.I don't have to take on other people's problems as if they were my own.They are capable and can take care of themselves and can solve their own problems.I can care and be of help to some but I cant do everything for them. They most helpful thing that I can do for them is to make them realize that they are capable and can do it they don't need my help they are self reliant.

(11)I CAN BE FLEXIBLE. There is more than one way to do something.More than one person has good good ideas .There is no one and only best way.Everyone has ideas that are worthwhile.Some may make more sense to me than to someone else but everyone has some worthwhile ideas and everyone has something worthwhile to contribute

Credits to Nayana Awasthi

No comments: